Sunday, January 4, 2009

Change..........................

Things Change

things change
let it be
things change
constantly

meters to miles
sun to rain
tears to smiles
life's a change

things change
let it be
things change
constantly

enjoying to rejoicing
rocks to sand
dark to light
life's a big dance

things change
let it be
things change
constantly

..anonymous

I've been thinking...change is such a hard thing for me for some reason...and there is so much change in my life right now! I think the Lord is telling me something, I just need to listen...we all go through change...some good and some that at first may not seem so good, but usually turns out to be...
Christmas is over, I have loved every minute of it. I have had my kids home by my side and it has been fun spending time with them...
Kati from college...

Kristi several days off from work,

Rob winter break from school

and Trevor, Staci and Max either coming here or the family going there
....spending time together.

Tomorrow there will be another change. Break is over. Kati will go back to Ephraim to school, Kristi will go to school and work, Rob goes back to Cyprus, Trevor starts a hard semester and Staci and Max will be supporting him. I really love these kids and I am so proud to be their mom...they are great examples to me. I know these are good changes so that they can better themselves...change means growth in most cases..I can accept that, and I love and cherish every moment we can have together....

Today was a change, we started a new ward. I was actually worried about this change, but I am really excited for it..it's turning out to be something good...of course the Lord wanted this to happen, it was very obvious today at Sacrament Meeting (the spirit was so strong)...Sometimes I am too stubborn, it takes me some time to see the good in the change....


Grandma is changing daily..

we never know exactly how she is going to be..home health informed me that they are discharging her on the 16th...meaning no back up for me to have time to myself...nobody to give her insulin but me...Gary is learning so I can have a break, but you know that means we cannot leave together..one of us has to be home with her...this is turning out to be such a sacrifice for us...but again, it's change in our lives, a change we have to live with and make the best of for now...

Soon we will have a new President of the United States of America...


I will honestly say I am worried, it will be a huge change...I am not convinced he is the right man for the job....I pray for him and I pray for us....and so on and so on....we live in a world of change as hard as it may be, it makes us stretch and grow...it is what we make of it.....Faith and finding Joy in the Journey is the only way...sometimes I question myself....change can sometimes be so hard, but I have learned to step back and try to find the good in any change...that's the trick.

No comments: