Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something new to keep me busy.....

A friend of mine, Connie Perkins, is teaching me how to make jewelry. I am really enjoying it. We are just casually taking a class from her here and there learning different techniques etc....here are the first of my accomplishments.....not the best pictures, and as I get going I'm sure my jewelry will get a lot better...it's actually fun designing them as well as making them......what do you think?



This is a necklace, bracelet and earrings I made for Kati Jo....I actually made the bracelets, 18 of them, for her to give to her drill team this thursday at their final dance bonanza...it's their final recital. They will be performing all their dances throughout this past year..Kati was the Vice President and wanted to give all her girls a gift..it's been a great year, a lot of struggles from administration directed towards their adviser, but the girls have done a fabulous job and it's now time to move on....














These are some earrings I just played around making...

This is going to be a fun thing for me to do...of course, I plan on getting better at making the jewelry...it's really relaxing and like I said, I am really enjoying the designing part of making it.......I am also going to start making some children's clothing...mostly for my grandson and nieces and nephews...I am involved right now with costumes for our Stake play Beauty and the Beast, as soon as I am done with that I am going to start with my own sewing...love to sew and as long as I am not working I need something to keep my hands busy.....

1 comment:

The Fullmer's said...

Wow you have many great talents! Next week we have nothing scheduled surprisingly. I'm off Wednesday but I could be wrong? is this your birthday? Just email what is best for you guys, any day or time would be just fine.