Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Max....oops, I mean Superman!!




We had a "sort of" birthday party for Max tonight. His birthday is actually tomorrow, we are doing a family party with everybody next sat....he got his super-
man costume and wore it all night, of course you can see this with the superman action pic's on this blog...we also had tortillas with meat sauce, Navajo Taco's, etc and yummy cake and ice cream.....Dan and Sherann came over as well as Staci's friend from school, Jen. Topping off the night we did fireworks in the front yard...we will have pictures as soon as they are downloaded.

I guess my favorite moment was when Max was saying his prayers and was thanking Heavenly Father for Grandma Lu..of course, he was coached by dad to say that as well as other things, but then all of a sudden he said "thank you for my superman costume that Grandma Lu made," without any coaching...it was really cute, but funny too....these are the cudo moments that make it all worth while...I just wish that I could learn to not laugh during the prayer every time he says something funny like he did....I have always had a problem with laughing during the prayer when something is funny....I have no control over myself when it comes to that....I actually have given up trying.."can't teach an old dog new tricks" really applies to me for sure....anyway, Happy 3rd Birthday little Superman!!

1 comment:

starspunkle said...

Don't feel bad.

In Sacrament last week, the speaker said something about how her brother helped build a chapel that had recently been rebuilt. She remarked "It's probably because of him they had to rebuild it." Well I thought it waws the most hilarious thing in the world, and was pretty obnoxious in giggles.

At least you had a smaller audience!