Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Max has his first Emergancy Room visit...Happy Birthday Staci

Well.........today is Staci's birthday. Kristi, kati, and I celebrated it with her a couple weekends ago by getting pedicure's and dinner...it was a ton of fun and we had a good time. Today is her actual birthday and she decided she wanted us all to go to the Bountiful Temple to celebrate this day. Such a beautiful Temple...one of my favorites. Afterwards we went to Marie Calenders...of course...good food, good company and late night. As soon as we got home, Trevor called and asked if I could meet them at McKay-Dee Hospital in Bountiful...Max was having trouble breathing...that was all I knew...I figured it was croup but didn't really know any more details...I took off! I took the new Legacy Highway knowing full well I would need to follow the 55 mile speed limit...there are always lots of police out there...and, just like I expected, there were two different people pulled over for speeding. You know, I noticed something tonight...police lights are very festive with there bright red, blue and white flashing colors in the black of night!! Anyway, I heard from the kids while driving up and they said the doctors did think it was croup. What a scary thing for a parent to go through!!! I remember those days!! When a child can't breath, you really don't know why, especially when they were just fine when the went to bed...then wa la...all of a sudden struggling to breath...what a scary and horrible feeling for the parents. I always say, wrap them up and take them outside into the cold air...then give them cold apple juice or Popsicle to reduce the swelling...humidifiers are good too ... anyway, after chest xrays, medicine and breathing treatment ... he's good to go!!

It was about 12:15 am when he was discharged and he asked me if I was coming to his house to play..he felt better and was wide awake!! He was such a good boy for the doctors and nurses. I'm glad he is better and everything turned out good...luv ya little man...get some rest and get better so you can come to Grandma Lu's this weekend....again Happy Birthday Staci...

2 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

What a good grandma to be there when needed.I'm glad he's ok!

Sarah Lee said...

Well that's not a very fun bday surprise! Anything that happens to your kids is always scary. Glad he's ok!